There have been many times we all wanted to express our opinions to the world at large through writing but we don’t know how to go about it, I can assure now that there is a way to achieve that goal !! (To start a blog is the best way to achieve that goal).
If the best solution to achieve my goal is blogging then how do i start a blog?
Don’t worry that is what this article is meant for!
“How to start a blog will be removed from your to-do list when you are done reading this article”.
Making your own blog will take up to 45 minutes, this article is 7,000 words plus so get yourself a chair, grab a drink and let’s get started already. If you get disoriented anywhere and you need my help, don’t hesitate to mail firstname.lastname@example.org
In this article, you will learn how to start a blog from scratch in Africa(Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa e.t.c.) and other english speaking countries like India, Usa, England, Canada and the rest
Many aspiring bloggers do tell me that they want to start a blog but they can’t write a piece of code, you don’t need to learn coding or programming before you can start a blog, all you have to do is hire developers(mail email@example.com this) or continue reading this article since we will give you the step-by-step guide on how to start your own blog easily.
Here at bloggingscope, we will give you beginner guides on how to start a new blog from scratch without stress.
Let’s start with blog definition : ” A blog is a discussion or informational website published on the world-wide web consisting of posts often inform of a diary updated daily which shows series of posts usually belonging to a particular niche written by a blogger(you)“.
Now that you know what a blog and blogger is, let’s get the ball rolling.
……..These are the sections we will be talking about on starting a new blog :
- Things you need to start a blog
- Niche you want to blog about
- Choosing a blogging platform
- Picking a host or launch
- Deciding on a domain name
- FAQ about blogging
Why should you even start a blog
- 1. To build your online influence
- 2. To express your opinions to the world at large
- 3.To make money online that can pay your bills
- 4.To solve other people’s problems
- 5. To revamp your writing skills
- 6. Blogging can help you grow your offline business
- 7. You will meet new friends and well-wishers online
- 8. Gain experience
Things you need to start a blog
1.)Confidence and passion: Norman Vincent Peale said and i quote “Believe in yourself ! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy” .
As a blogger, you need to have confidence in your self, confidence is the key to successful blogging and without it you may not perform up to expectation. We all know blogging is hard and saturated, you have to produce contents often and hope your readers like it.
You don’t have to panic when writing blog articles and you must be ready to say the truth regardless of the case that may ensue from it later on.
In addition you can make numerous mistakes when blogging but don’t worry as time goes on they will be minimal .
You will always face challenges when blogging like plagiarism, not juicy like you thought it would be(juicy in the sense that you won’t make enough money to pay your bills as a starter), traffic, threat from readers ; As time goes on you will get used to it and these problems will be solved. Don’t let your challenges define you, brace up and face them and one day you will have your story to tell.
Successful bloggers like Neil Patel has passed through this stage before. Passion is a feeling of intense enthusiasm and interest towards something , passion is an important tool you must have for blogging if you want to succeed in this competitive industry,there are times you will feel like quitting blogging and the only thing that will keep you going is that passion for it.
2.)Fund : Blogging is like a business and in any business you will need to raise some funds to start and the same thing applies to blogging. Someone asked me this “how much does it cost to own a blog in Nigeria?” and I think this is the best time to answer that question and this does not include Nigerian blogs alone, the price is thesame with other countries e.g. Usa, Ghana, Kenya, UK, Belgium, England
- For premium WordPress(sound strange ? you will get to know the meaning of wordpress sooner, it is a blogging platform), you will spend up to $277 for developer fee, premium theme, premium hosting, domain name, premium plugins and you can also decide to use free plugins and themes which will reduce the cost to around $138 covering developer fee,free theme and plugins with domain and hosting. You can also decide to create the blog yourself which will decrease the fee drastically
- Is blogger.com free ? Yes, You can also decide to use Google blogger.com which does not include paying for hosting,you will only pay for domain name,workmanship and if you don’t have enough fund for domain name yet you can still use a sub domain e.g. yourblog.blogspot.com . Blogger is still behind WordPress in terms of professional design,search engine optimization(seo),less coding and every other aspects. This will only cost you $60 which covers domain name and workmanship in any part of the world.
You can also decide to create a free blog from wordpress.com . Be informed that WordPress.com is different from wordpress.org, wordpress.com is a free platform while .org include hosting your blog but with wordpress.org(paud hosting) you will have 100% control over your blog.
Note : I will always advise anyone to go for wordpress.org.. It is the best you can have at the moment and as a blogging beginner, you can have the best design and customization you will ever think of and you can choose to design the blog yourself.
3.)Time : Time is usually a challenge for bloggers especially those who want to be a part-time blogger due to other offline activities . If you are the type that work from 7am to 7pm and already married with kids,then I think you will be having a serious issue with time, the best solution to this is to hire blog writers to write for you, during weekends you can add to the existing contents.
4.)Keyword Research :
Keyword research is a core Search Engine Optimization task that involves identifying popular words and phrases people enter into search engines and their search volume-made in an attempt to figure out what to rank for a specific keyword.
This time around we are not researching keyword contents for blog contents but for your blog title and domain name, if your blog is an entertainment blog , you will have to search for the number of web-users that search for entertainment articles monthly and how competitive it is. For example you can search for entertainment news and this will give you an insight about the number of readers searching for contents relating to your blog type before you start your blog.The best tool to do this is SEM rush :
4.) Laptop or Computer: You will need a laptop or a computer on setting up a blog if you want to be a professional blogger; blogging with a phone is not lit. As for wordpress, there are some customizations you cannot do on wordpress using a Smartphone like drag and drop with elementor, to drag and drop widgets will be a mountain to climb too. If you can’t afford a laptop, you can still manage a phone but starting a blog for business with smartphone won’t be easy like getting everything done with a system. You can still drag and drop page builder or widgets on your smartphone on one condition: “If your phone supports OTG, you can connect it to a mouse”. As for a blogger blog, you can still use an android phone or an iphone to blog but navigation might be a problem. These are the functionalities you may not be able to carry out on your blog using Smart phones:
- You can’t view your blog properly due to small screen size
- Getting a logo for your blog with a phone won’t be easy
- You can’t drag and drop which will be very beneficial when designing your blog
- You won’t be able to customize some wordpress plugins
- Proofread your articles
- You can’t get some browser extensions that will increase your backend functionality like grammarly
5.) New pattern of blogging: You won’t stay in this industry for long if you can’t bring in new innovations and ideas, we are no longer in the era of garbage in garbage out.
Firstly, you must not even think of creating a blog that will only copy and paste what other bloggers related to your niche have written, something new will do! creating a successful blog won’t be easy without new ideas.
Furthermore, you need to see what other bloggers are writing about and make your own style of writing different from theirs. Let me cite an example; entertainment niche is saturated in Nigeria, if you want to create an entertainment blog, you must spice up your blog with new patterns that will make your blog unique like deviating away from celebrity gists to sports, cracking jokes, comedy and the likes. Readers want to read new articles not reading things they read on blogs popular than yours .
Moreover, if you have passion for a fashion blog, don’t start a blog on technology because your friends told you won’t make enough a fashion blog. Blogging is not always about money, what you have in stock for your readers should be your first priority.
Niche you want to blog about
What is a niche in blogging (blog niche)?
Niche is the category your blog will be based on, it deals with one broad subject that you will write about every niche consist of several topics, an example of a niche is an entertainment niche. Now you have to debate on what you want to blog about, you can be talking about anything but blogs that talk about everything and anything are not always successful.
Just in case you did not get the meaning of a niche, let me cite an example that will help In differentiating between a website, a blog, a niche; In a university, there are many colleges like health sciences, engineering, art etc and these colleges also have several departments like mathematics, chemistry, French, mechanical engineering etc. University is the website, blog is the college and niche are the departments.
They all work together and that’s why you cannot have a niche without a blog or a blog without a website. Let me also clear one mistake bloggers make about niches nowadays: “News is not a niche, all niches have their own news”
There are blogs that do multi-niche which involve combining several niches together to make a blog. I don’t really agree with that type of blogging because they won’t have particular readers too (they will have multi readers), SEO of these blogs gets disorganized because they won’t have specific keyword to rank for. These are the common type of blogging niches we have and their sub-niches:
- Celebrity gists
- Entertainment news
- Phone specs
- Computer games
- Laptop and pc guides
- Tech how tos’
- Software tips
- Home gadgets
- Technology news
- Men wears
- Women wears
- Celebrity styles
- Latest styles
- Fashion news
- Admission guidelines
- Project topics
- Career talk
- Campus gist
- Undergraduate materials like handouts etc
- Education news
Make money online
- Make money on social media
- Affiliate marketing
- Make money on Youtube
- Start blogging and make money
General How tos’ (This is where bloggingscope.com) belongs to
- Tutorial blogs
- Auto parts
- Repairing auto
- Auto safety
Read more on Niche:
Note: Be informed that you can choose the sub-niches as a category on your blog and it is not a must for you to choose from those niches I listed, you can build a new niche for your blog and this will be creative and interesting. You don’t have to copy other bloggers by choosing their niches.
Niche is something you choose with deep thought, you need to settle down and ask yourself questions on the niche you want to choose before choosing it
These are the questions you must ask yourself before choosing a niche for your blog:
1)Can I write captivating articles on this niche: The first thing I ask my fellow bloggers is if they can interesting articles on this niches you want to venture in that will keep visitors coming for more, when am talking about captivating articles, am not talking about copy and paste articles here, articles that you will write that will solve the problem of your readers, if you can’t write fascinating articles then you can hire writers to write for you if you can afford it.
2) Is this niche profitable?: You can make a quick research about the niche you want to venture in if it is profitable(we can do that for you at no extra cost to you), some niches don’t get approved with adsense(a medium to make money from your blog : just know it like that for now ) .
Don’t choose niche related to adult contents please, help to reduce adult contents online, adsense don’t approve blogs with adult contents, no company will even buy advert space on an adult blog.
3) Will this niche last forever? : You are shocked right? Some niches will not last forever especially niches crafted for a particular product e.g. Amazon products, eBay products etc. , I don’t know the niche you want to choose but let me just cite an example; what if the product your niche deals about is outdated e.g. if people no longer use Amazon again and all you blog about is Amazon, what will happen ? . You should think about the future of the blog you want to create as an aspiring blogger
4) How competitive is this niche: As an aspiring blogger, if the niche you want to venture in is too competitive in your country and you don’t have exceptional techniques to beat your rival for survival, I won’t advice you to blog on the niche. For example, In Nigeria, entertainment niche is competitive, you can’t develop articles on that niche and you hope to copy from popular blogs like lindaikejisblog, do you think you think your blog will survive? Hell no!! And even if it does, don’t think of making money from adsense with it because you won’t be approved and even if you buy adsense it will be banned later.
Choosing a blogging platform
What is a blogging platform?
A blogging platform is a piece of software or an online service that help bloggers in publishing their opinions on internet in form of a blog and it is a specific form of a cms. Examples of blogging platforms are blogger.com,wordpress.com, wordpress.org, wix.com, tumblr, typepad, weebly.
You must have seen me mentioning something like wordpress or blogger before getting here and am sure you don’t know the meaning, you will know the meaning here. Some call these blogging platforms blogging websites, They are the two types of blogging platforms that are common nowadays and these two are the most poular blogging platform used in making a blog, you can start a wordpress blog or a blogger blog, the major difference between the two is that WordPress is self-hosted while blogger is hosted by google.
- What is Google blogger?
Blogger is a service owned by Google; it is a free tool for creating blogs and sharing your opinions to your readers, an example of blogs using Google blogger is lindaikejiblog
What is wordpress and what is it used for?
WordPress is an open source content management system (CMS) you can use to create a beautiful website (blog) with features including a plugin architecture and a theme system, we mostly associate it with blogging but it can be used to create other types of web content like an online store, media galleries etc.
it is probably the easiest and most powerful blogging platform we have in existence today.
Is wordpress free? Yes! wordpress is free, we have two wordpress blog builders, we differentiate them with their domain names; wordpress.com is a completely free platform while wordpress.org is partially free (you are shocked right? don’t be! wordpress .org is free too but you will need to host the blog yourself with third party companies and get a domain name for the blog before you can start anything).
I will advise you to go for wordpress.org because if you choose wordpress.com(an example of a free blog hosting) you will end up coming back to pay for hosting and domain name when you gain audience which could be very stressful. You’ve been hearing of hosting since and it is confusing right? you will get to know the meaning sooner don’t worry, just keep reading .
WordPress.org is what we will be referring to as we move on with this articles.
An example of a blog using wordpress is bloggingscope.com
There are various things you must consider when choosing a blogging platform. :
1.)Which blogging platform can I afford? : Google blogger is free and you don’t have to spend a dime to start, as you progress you will only need to buy a domain name and template which will cost up to $20 only. Please note that you will renew the domain name payment every year, affordable enough right? Professional bloggers don’t like Google blogger due to certain cons that will be discussed later on that is why they choose wordpress because they want to have 100% dominance and control over their blog. WordPress is damn costly and that’s why it is the best place to start a blog.
You will pay for the theme (that is what they call template in Google blogger), hosting and domain name, later on you may need to purchase premium plugins which will cost up to $150 if you want to create the blog yourself, hiring someone to create the blog for you with wordpress will sum the fee up to $200 upward depending on the level of customization.
2.)Which blogging platform will give you the highest level of customization: Blogger will give you a high level of customization but not the highest; wordpress will give you the highest level of customization.
You can do almost everything with h wordpress, just think of any design you see online or you think you want, you will get it with wordpress, never heard of any blogger on wordpress complaining of not getting a design or feature they want using wordpress.
Not discouraging you from using Google blogger, you can use blogger at least and it is free if you don’t need a domain name.
3. How long have they been in the market and won’t they close without notice : What if blogger and wordpress decides to close down, what will happen to our blogs ?
They have been around for a while and they must issue a notice to their users for some months before they do, so keep your mind at rest but what if the blogging platform you are planning to use is not popular and they close down suddenly without any notice? This is why I will advise you to choose between blogger and wordpress premium ,even wordpress.com(free) goes down most of the time
4. Which blogging platform has the highest users : WordPress has the highest number of blogs according to research with 83 millions of blogs using wordpress followed by blogger with 45 and 35% respectively
Differences between and wordpress(premium) and bloggerIn terms of support,wordpress has a very active community; there is online documentation, community forums and chatrooms where you will get help from developers. WordPress tutorials are everywhere.
There are limited supports available for blogger though they have basic documentation and users’ forum but you must do everything their way
WordPress Blogger 1.)Wordpress is costly because you will pay for hosting, domain name and themes(you can start with free theme too) Completely free(Only a free grail account is needed for activation) but if you wish to upgrade later, you can get a domain name Easy to customize and you don’t need to learn how to code Easy to customize only if you know a bit about coding You will host your contents yourself Google will host your contents for you WordPress is also secure but since it is self hosted, you are responsible for your security and backups Your website is secure because it runs on google platform , you don’t have to worry about managing your server resources or backing up your blog
CHOOSING A HOST FOR YOUR BLOG
Before we continue, you can check How to choose hosting and domain name (Beginners’ guide), you can continue to readnif you don’t want to .
What is blog Hosting and hosting company?
A blog hosting is a type of internet hosting that allows a blog to be accessible on the World Wide Web i.e. without a host you blog can’t be found on internet .
On the other hand a web hosting company is a business that provides the services needed for a website (blog) to be viewed on internet that means all the contents saved on your blog will stored on the server of your web hosting company.
If you don’t get it let me break it down; For shelter purpose, you must rent a house and you must agree some terms with your landlord and part of the terms is that you will pay certain charges every year for the house depending on the agreement reached, the price will depend on the facilities the house contain and renewal time.
The landlord cannot send you packing without issuing a notice and the landlord can decide to close his house if he no longer need tenants. That is what web hosting is all about, the landlord is your hosting company and you are the tenant.
Web hosting company is not something you just choose and it is the most delicate part in creating a blog because all other things we talked about earlier on won’t take place if you fail this part.
Before we start,let’s define some terms relating to web hosting:
• Bandwidth: In a simple definition, bandwidth is the amount of data that can be transferred between your website(blog), users and the internet. They take place when you upload files on your blog, email correspondence, contents you have on your blog. Bandwidths are measured in bytes. When you reach the maximum limit for your hosting package bandwidth, your website will be closed down till the next month depending on your web hosting company.
We will choose the best bandwidth to use for your blog later on in this article but incase you don’t want to read further, you will need at least a hosting package that can hold up to 5000 visits per month which usually goes for the lowest hosting package for most web hosting companies, I won’t recommend the “cheapest package though”.
• SSL Certificate :An acronym for secure for secure sockets layer, they are also known as digital certificates, they serve two functions which are ; authenticating the identity of a website and encrypting transmitted data ,Google made it a must for all websites to be encrypted and that’s why you must get it. It shows your visitors that your website is secure through https:// and transaction involving credit cards etc can be done on your website.
• Domain name: Domain name is a unique identifier for all websites that human can read such as twitter.com and allow people to navigate WebPages easily; they are formed by the rules and procedures of the DNS. Can two websites have the same domain name? NO!! It is not possible for two websites to have the same domain name; the worst that can happen is mixing them with numbers like 9jablog.com and naijablog.com.
• Domain management system(DNS) : They are regarded to as internet phonebook and it is the service that translate domain name(google.com) to ip address(55.44.368) to make it easier for computers to read
•FTP : An acronym for file transfer protocol, they are used for transferring files on internet, with it you can send and transfer files from a remote server
• Mailing list : It enable a blogger to send an email message to all his readers
• Softaculous : majority of all hosting companies have this ,it enable you to install blogging platforms like wordpress, drupal with a single click
• Uptime: The total time kept for record purpose when there is no interruption of server i.e. when websites(blogs) hosted experience great uptime, they never go offline. Have you ever been to facebook.com and their website is down? We can say they have great uptime.
Factors to consider in choosing a web hosting company and hosting packages
This is the most delicate part like I said, you need to choose wisely to avoid stories that touch because you won’t get your money back. Since you are new to blogging, just mail them for these informations but if you are using qservers, all the thing I listed are what they can offer .
Follow these guidelines:
1) How long have they been in market: Stacey Kehoe said and I quote “Be brave to try something new; you might just succeed”. Am not saying you should not try new web-hosting companies, the ones that are old now were once new but make sure the new host you want to use can be trusted ,read their terms and conditions carefully too and make sure they will refund your money if anything goes wrong .
I always encourage bloggers to use Web hosting Company older than 5 years old but if you trust the ones that are not up to that age you can go for it since it is your first year too. Most of these new hosting companies even seems to have the best customer care
2) Customer care and satisfaction: Incase your blog goes down, you will need someone to ask for help and that’s where customer care for hosting companies comes into act by giving you the possible things that caused it and how to solve it. But what if the hosting company you are planning to use does not have one? That is the main reason why you will have to check for this before choosing your host
3)Uptime scores: Nothing is more encouraging than having a blog that doesn’t go down even at midnight. You need a web host that is stable but in terms of server and network connections’
4) sign-up and renewal rice : Most hosting companies make their price for shared hosting cheaper at t first year, it is even free for some but when you want to renew it the following year it might be a different story and that’s why you should check for the amount you will pay the following year before you proceed
5) Check for essential features :You must look out for some things when choosing a host and they include :
• Bandwidth size : Can it contain your blog for a year?
• Do they offer automatic Daily Backups in case something strange happen
• 0ne click installer to install wordpress
The only major tip I want to give for domain name is that you must not include a number in your domain name and make sure it is what you want because you can’t change it.
This is the moment you have been waiting for,we can now start a blog with wordpress,we believe that at this stage, you Know what a blog entails since questions like :
- what are blog builders ?
- Where to start a blog or the best place to start a blog
- Blogging niche
……. and some other questions have been solved
These are the steps to create a wordpress blog from scratch with Qservers supported with detailed images
In case this is not clear,just watch the video above about qservers.
2) Search for the domain name you want to use and check if it is available by scrolling down a bit, enter the domain name and click search
3)You will be directed to a page that will tell you that the domain name is available like the image below,incase you want to change it you can change it here. If you like the domain name just scroll down and click continue
4) You will be directed to a page which deals with nameserver,don’t add anything there .Click on [No hosting! click to add] like the image below
5)You will be redirected to a page to choose a hosting package of your choice with varying price,i will advice you to Choose developer’s pack which goes for $24.789(#9000) annually . This is the best hosting package i always recommend for bloggers,it will give you an extensive bandwidth and disk space that will not lapse for a year. click order now after choosing a package
Note : The current price may change as time goes on,this is the price as at october 2018
6) You will be redirected to a product selection page where you add ons, if you can afford the add ons tick it but if you can’t leave it, some add ons are free too. When you are done just scroll down and click continue
7) You will be a page that look like step 4 but this time “No hosting changes to Has hosting ” . just click continue
8) This page is where you will enter your contact details,enter them without mistakes and appropriately.If you have a promotional code like”loverhosting” add it to reduce your price by 25% and click checkout
9)Proceed with the payment.Now you’ve bought a domain name and hosting plan,this is where it gets complicating.
10)You will be redirected to a page like this. click login to control panel
11)You will need to install wordpress with <strong>Softaculous</strong>, softaculous is an online app installer that will install your wordpress for you. After logging in to your cpanel, scroll down to search for softaculous. Then click on it
12.Time to install wordpress, on this page just scroll down to where you see wordpress,click it .
13)After clicking “install now”, you will be directed to a page where you can make some basic settings for your blog. You have to be careful here as this is the first basic setting you will make on your blog.
Choose protocol: Here you can choose anyone you like except http://, to get https contact Qservers or go to Qservers page on encrypting https . You will surely get it🙂. I will recommend that you go for https://www or https:// , one of the two will do and will have no negative impact on your seo ranking.
Choose your language, site description, default theme and continue. You can change all these settings later but changing your name later will not be that easy.
After installing your wordpress, your blog will be live at yourdomainname.com/wp-admin. Now designing your blog is what matters most and should be your ultimate priority!!
How to design your wordpress blog
Designing your wordpress blog is very easy and it is not a task you can complete in a day. You keep on designing till you get what you want. In order not to make this post get more lenghty, this is a post on “how to design your wordpress blog
Frequently asked questions(FAQ) about blogging
We have treated hundreds of faq in this article so I will urge you to scroll up if you scrolled down here without reading the full content. We have decided to treat more questions frequently asked by aspiring bloggers and you are free to add anyone we did not include in the comment section:
what are the differences between a blog and a website?
Many beginner bloggers do tell me that they want to create a website but from the explanations they made I knew they wanted a blog. As a beginner blogger, you must be able to differentiate between a blog and a website because understanding these terms will help in reaching your goals.
A website is a collection of related WebPages identified with a common domain name and published on web server(s) e.g. google.com, a website is just like a mother that gave birth to children, the children are blog, forum , social media. In simple terms all blogs are websites but not all websites are blogs, for an example bloggingscope.com is a blog and also a website, some of our pages are published in a non blog format e.g. contact us ,about us. A website can be personal, governmental, commercial or non profit.
Like I said earlier, a blog is a branch of website
How long does it take to make money blogging?
If you are very hardworking, you will make enough money that will pay your bills in 6 months. Am not saying that you won’t make any money within the 6 months, you will make money but some ways of making money won’t work for you within that six months because your blog will be considered as a new blog. You won’t get direct advertisements, sponsored posts, adsense approval and other ad networks approval because you are still new but if you can reach a milestone within that period, the jinx may get broken.
How much do bloggers earn in Nigeria
This is just a rough estimate of how much bloggers earn in Nigeria:
Professional bloggers earn up to $3000+ per month: when am talking of professional bloggers, am talking of bloggers on bloggers hitting the top 10 in Nigeria.
Established bloggers earn up to $600 per month and below: when am talking of established bloggers, I mean bloggers with alexa ranking less than 300,000
Beginner bloggers earn up to $138 below: NEW Bloggers
How can I create a blog with my phone
Anytime beginner bloggers ask me this question, I will be like a wordpress blog or a blogger?
Let me answer the two, if it is a wordpress blog just follow the normal procedure I listed above with qservers , creating a blog with a phone is thesame thing with creating a blog with a laptop; the major difference is view and navigation.
If you want to create a blogger blog with a phone, just watch this video.
Will you advice me to create a free blog?
I will not advice any blogger at this age to create a free blog, blogging is now competitive unlike before when writing is the only skill you need to have before you succeed. You will need to spend some money if you are really considering blogging as a business; you won’t make a dime from a free blog if you are creating a free blogger. When am talking about free blog, am not talking of blogger.com because it is not totally free, you will buy domain name because if you decide to use a sub-domain name, your blog will not look professional and you will lose SEO ranking. When you are serious about blogging at this stage you should get a domain name
What are the differences between a blog and a forum
Both forums and blogs are great tool for passing information and are examples of a website; the major difference is how information are passed through both. A forum is an online discussion website where a person can start a discussion (known as thread) usually in form of a question that can be replied to by other members; it does not have to necessarily be a question, the thread or topic creator can also solve problems with other members contributing their part. A typical forum is usually locked to guests, only registered members can participate and private messages are allowed among members. A blog is a website in which the blogger takes most action by updating his or her blog with contents and readers can participate only through the comment button and in most cases they are not allowed to create a topic or share files.
Will I renew my hosting plan and domain name every year
Sure!! You will renew your hosting package yearly except if you optioned for pay per month or you pay every two years. It is always advisable to pay when it is a month to the expiry date to avoid hijacking of domain name
How long will it take for my blog to appear on search engines like google
I saw my blog on google the third day after launch so it should start appearing from 2days to two weeks depending on the time you create your first post . To foster this you can install and activate yoast seo plugin. Search engine optimization is another broad topic we will write on on this blog and that’s why you should subscribe to our blog for daily updates on our latest posts
You have started your own blog today and you are now what we call a blogger, I think you should mark this date down somewhere on your diary because this is a day you will never forget for good.
However,the road to success is always rough and nothing good comes easy, you will face numerous challenges with your new blog but don’t be scared, it will also be part of your success story.
To update your blog with new contents may be a hurdle especially those in Niche in which they have to develop lengthy posts with thousands of word per week.
Sometimes you will feel like quitting, don’t do it! you will later regret it. If you need someone to advise you when things get difficult, we launched this blog because of you and we will try our best in solving your problems the best way we can